ProMediaGear Katana Gimbal Head.
long, we have been driven to create something revolutionary. The
Katana Gimbal is the result of not copying but innovating from grounds
up. It looks, operates, and consists of materials that are not the
result of cost cutting but those that are the finest available. It
operates smoothly even with the heaviest and most expensive lenses.
Imagine all day shooting with a super telephoto lens without getting
The Katana Gimbal Head provides ultra smooth movement and
stable support for even the longest telephoto lenses. The ProMediaGear
Katana is capable of supporting up to 50 lbs of equipment and features
an Arca-Type cradle attachment. Separate locking and adjustment
mechanisms allow friction adjustment without instability. Camera and
lens positions can be adjusted smoothly with one hand and a balanced
position maintained without tightening.
The Katana is made of hard anodized, scratch-resistant
6061 aluminum alloy and CNC precision machined parts in the USA.
Maintenance free, designed with weather-sealed ball bearings, enables
the head’s smooth movements. The Katana also features over-sized knobs
for ease of operation.
- Smooth panning and tight locking mechanism (separate from assembly mounts), adjust the friction without parts coming apart
- Arca-Swiss type compatible lens mount
- Hard anodized scratch resistant finish
- Sealed Maintenance Free Ball Bearings
- Over sized knobs
- Lightweight aircraft quality aluminum
- CNC Precision machined parts
- 5-year warranty
- Made in USA
- Length: 9.5 inches
- Width: 2.25 inches
- Height: 13 inches
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Load Capacity: 50 lbs (22.68 KG)
- Mount Thread: 3/8''-16
(1) GK Katana Gimbal Head with Arca Type Clamp
• 5 year warranty
• Made in the U.S.A.
|Configure the Katana Gimbal with Double Flash mount for those occasions where extra flash power is needed.|
|Mounting camera directly to the gimbal (instead of mounting lens to gimbal)|
Items or actions needed:
- Need an additional C60 or other Arca-Type Clamp with 1/4-20 mount.
- Attach it to the underside of the Katana Cradle
- Mount the cradle upside down onto Katana
- Use a C60 to mount the camera
Why the C60 clamp is needed?
the standard mount on Katana is for lenses and runs perpendicular to
the camera type mounts. The C60 will allow you to rotate your camera 90